Monday, March 4, 2013

A WALK

I wrote this poem many years ago and had posted it on www.mywriterscircle.com, a site I have loved ever since I joined to this day. Though I visit it only occasionally, I still love to be a part of it.

I hope you like the poem.


I'm out on a walk.
With myself, I have to deal
My World seems to be clouded
Nothing but sadness, I can feel.

No one else is walking by
So, I'll let them fall
Two hot streams of salty beads...

Soon they'll reduce to a trickle
To help me wipe them clean and dry.
Even then, a bit of sadness may remain
Hidden, dormant and deep down it will lie.

For now, the worst has come and gone
With clear eyes, I'll walk another mile.
If by chance, I see someone coming
I'll stop and sweetly smile.

2 comments:

  1. i like. can u add a follow by email gadget so i can get posts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shanique,

    I am glad you like it. I sure will add an email gadget. I am new to blogging in the real sense, I will soon learn how to do it.
    Thanks and keep visiting.

    ReplyDelete